Thursday 12 June 2014

Last week a seagull pooped in my eye.
THIS HAPPENED!
IT POOPED!
IN MY EYE!
RIGHT IN THE EYE!



I was in one of the busiest avenues here in Porto and everyone stopped to stare. A man came for my help, with napkins and directions to the nearest bathroom, while ladies in a cafe looked at me with pity.

Some tourists that had, by a few centimeters, missed the shit shower were staring at the floor horrified: they had just realised that Porto is the kind of place where feces rain on you.
They don't tell you that in the city guides, but Porto is a SHIT TRAP: you need to be constantly careful about where you step and, at the same time, watch out for big flocks of birds! 
Luckly, starting from this week, I'm in the hospitality bizz. So I can warn foreigners about sky poop matters.
YES! You heard it right!  I FINALLY GOT A JOB! (well, sort of, it's a part-time. and i'm still doing the training...) I'll be working in the reception of a hostel, and have to deal with reservations, be nice to people and know by heart all the places where you can listen to a fado show in Porto (which is easier said than done.)

But the hostel is really cool and I've been eating my lunch in the upper floor, with this view:



Which always makes me fall back in love with Porto and think that, in spite of the constant danger of seagull shit raining on your face, this is the prettiest and nicest place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment