Saturday 18 August 2012

As my first post I found necessary to let one thing clear: this template was not the first one.
Just so you know I was struggling days and nights in a tough journey to build a functional, clean and very 'ohmagothislooksgreatcushesadesigner' template. I failed.
I was so very proud of it, I wanted to share it with Joana, "look how beautiful aintnotonicha.tumblr.com is!".  There was even a smooth expanding about menu like IKEA drawers.
"tumblr? — said Joana — why tumblr?", like (Ins't that for hipsters?). This was the first of more cruel hints like "we won't have comments" or "oh, I can't highlight my text in yellow, make words bigger and make appear some unicorn glitter rain each time I scroll over the tittle just because of your cruel cascading stylesheet which is more like a boring anti-democratic statement of edition" (the last one she kept to herself).

Then she shot the deadly bullet into my heart, "lets make a blogger instead!".

And here we are with blue tittles, blogger bar, highlighted post dates and whatever you'd like to highlight. When it comes to Joana's comics I would do anything, even give up on my designer's principles, how sad… You know what they say, if you cannot beat them, then join'em. That's why I made a second version of this post that pushes to the limits the never ending editing possibilities of our new cascading stylesheet. Here it goes.


As my first post I found necessary to let one thing clear, this template was not the first one!
Just so you know I was struggling days and nights in a tough journey to build a functional,  c l e a n  and very 'ohmagodthislooksgreatcushesadesigner' template. I failed -_-
I was so very proud of it, I wanted to share it with Joana:
Look how beautiful aintnotonicha.tumblr.com is!
There was even a  s m o o t h  expanding about menu like IKEA drawers.
Tumblr?!(said Joana), why Tumblr?
Like (Ins't that for hipsters?!). This was the first of more cruel hints like "we won't have comments" or "oh,  I can't highlight my text in yellow, make words bigger and make appear some unicorn glitter rain each time I scroll over the tittle just because of your cruel cascading stylesheet which is more like a boring anti-democratic statement of edition" (the last one she kept to herself).

Then she shot the deadly bullet into my heart:
Lets make a Blogger instead!
And here we are with blue tittles, blogger bar  ___________________, highlighted post dates and whatever you'd like to highlight. When it comes to Joana's comics I'll do anything, even give up on my  d e s i g n e r  ' s  principles, how sad… You know what they say, if you cannot beat them, then join'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment