Friday 31 May 2013

NSFW


This post is Not Safe For Work
and it's also about things I found at my workplace, ha!

Those who read this blog from the start probably know that I'm working in a LGBT organization in Vilnius. 
Sometimes people ask me what do I exactly do there and as much as I would like to answer, "oh, I'm fighting homophobia in the baltics", because it sounds like I'm kicking ass and it's cool, the truth is that, in a day to day basis, most of what I do is normal office work.



We have meetings, and a coffee machine, and working hours and excel tables. It's like being an intern in any other office apart from the rainbowflags everywhere and a big jar of condoms at the entrance.

BUT, there are days that remind me how cool and weird this place can be:

Some months ago the Gay League got new furniture. We, volunteers, were moving books and flyers from old shelfs and found some interesting stuff. I decided to photograph the best, and share it with you:


1 - The postcard with "Sucking Tips"

the front image is very straight to the point, and so is the text in the back.


2- The other postcard with a penis.


I like to think about the designer who came up with this.



3 - Not-So-Sexy Santa

It somehow disturbs me because he kind of looks like someone I could know.


 4 - Russian Pamphlet

 

I guess CEKC means sex.



5 - Swedish Way


This is such a nice booklet. Every page of it emanates 90's feeling and people in the photos look like a gay version of Friends' cast.

 for real... don't you think that guy looks like Ross?

6 - THE Manual!

Apart from some illustrations and instructions for sex, it also gives you important tips for the dating world, like how to start a conversation with a stranger in a supermarket ("That's a very interesting vegetable. Have you ever cooked it?")
I also read a part explaining the handkerchief code, which involved wearing a bandana in the back pocket with a colour corresponding to the person's sexual preferences.
I'm guessing gay women never had much codes for meeting one another, since the only book I found about lesbians was this:

7- The Eternal Quest

No comments:

Post a Comment