Thursday 13 June 2013

I think I may be intolerant to alcohol.
I've been wondering about it for the past few months, and I guess I'm finally admitting that I should probably quit drinking. At least for a decent amount of time.




I reckon it's related to the gluten intolerance thing and my overly-sensitive body, but it's odd because I never felt like this before!!
A year ago me and Sofia were going through our post-erasmus-drinking period and had an impressive collection of bottled-goods in the cupboard.


I felt totally fine.

But now, I can't have more than 2 or 3 units without feeling, the next morning, like my intestines are screaming for revenge. 

I kept blaming it on something else, but it's time to face the fact that it must be the alcohol.

And I'm not happy about it! Not a bit!Which makes me wonder: Why does the prospect of having to stop drinking make me so annoyed?

For one, because I've cut enough things on my diet already. (even though I'm aware I'm the worst gluten intolerant in the world and still make little pizza exceptions, to reward myself on a bad day.)



But the biggest reason is that it feels like drinking alcoholic beverages is the only reckless, slightly self-harming, mind-altering, rebelious thing I do.

Without it I'm a fucking mormon.



I even have a similar dress... good god.

And it's not that I neeeed it badly, to have a good time and partying. but, it's nice to have a vice. and I don't know how to replace this one with something equally cheap and legal.

suggestions anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment